Audit Engagement Consultant position is a full-time professional position at Talson Solutions, LLC. This position is responsible to support Talson’s Construction Audit Consulting engagements within the commercial development, education, infrastructure, healthcare, government, retail, and transportation industries both domestic and international.
Key Duties & Responsibilities: Engagement Manager – Construction Audit
- Manage client audit engagements
- Oversee and assist with analysis and report compilation
- Prepare document abstract summaries
- Review compliance to contract requirement
- Assess accuracy of project documentation
- Manager and oversee report writing and recommendations for improvement
- Manage electronic and hard copy document control
- Draft client engagement document requests and work plans
- Travel to and work at project sites or client offices as required
- Conduct interviews on client engagements
- Communicate directly with client representatives
- Manager staff and co-op students
- Maintain client relationships
- Arrange meetings with potential new clients from personal network
- Participate in industry conferences
- Lead presentations at professional organizations
- Lead an industry specific effort to identify potential new business leads.
- Participate in local networking events relevant to specific discipline
- Assist in developing effective sales presentation slides
- Assist with and coordinate written responses to RFPs
- Participate in presentations for new business opportunities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in accounting, finance, engineering, or quality management systems, construction/project management
- CPA, CIA, CCA, CQA, or similar certification preferred
- Excellent follow through and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of organization
- Strong client service inclination for both external and internal customers
- Ability to create good rapport with others and build relationships effectively
- Ability to represent Talson and its services, including conducting presentations and speak publicly on behalf of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of self-initiative and the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Familiarity/ability to learn new technology quickly
- Strong computer knowledge (Windows Operating Environment, Word, PowerPoint and Excel), thorough knowledge and experience in internet use, html, and databases.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, architectural plans or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write well-conceived reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Education, experience and facility in all calculations related to the architectural, engineering and financial aspects of project management for building construction.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of discrete and indiscrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, plan or schedule form.
Internal and External Contacts
Interface regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of clients and employees regarding a wide range of project activities and other matters relating to Talson, the Project Team and the Client. Many matters handled may be of a confidential nature.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of audit and construction
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with local governments
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a track record of exceeding customer expectations
- Self-starter but can function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good judgment and influencing skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have prior experience with using Internet-based software applications, Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling programs, cost tracking programs and smart phone applications.
Job Type: Full-time
- Philadelphia, PA 19106